Here you can find a guide on how to write different parts of a research paper and to clarify how to write a research paper introduction properly. The general purpose is to inform the reader about the rationale of the work and to show why your work is essential in the field. Research paper as normal academic writing should be well-structured and built. The main reason for it is that such a factor influence the quality of the work and the result in general.
What is and how to write a good introduction for a research paper
As a rule, introduction in a research paper consists of 5-10 sentences that are linked with one idea. It is recommended to write the introduction in a positive way and manner as it will attract the reader and wake up the wish for reading. We highly recommend you start the introduction to a research paper with the hook sentence as it will gather a lot of readers.
Order it from experienced writers now!
For Only $13.90/page
We should mention that the introduction is like the cover of the book. It tells about the plot, the idea, and can attract or distract the audience. So, decide what the role of the beginning of your paper is. (Also, you can read about chicago research paper format)
How to write the best intro to the academic paper – the main steps
Writing an introduction for a research paper, you should know the way the first part of the paper should look like. We can compare the intro with the face of the whole research paper. That is why be sure that you are aware of how to do it. Below you can find the small guide on how to create a great intro.
A well-written introduction is important as you’ll never get a second chance to make a good first impression. Here are the important steps that will help you create the best introduction to a research paper. Let’s get started.
Here are the important steps that will help you create the best beginning for the paper. Let’s get started.
- Step #1 Imagine your target audience. Speak to them as you see those people in front of you.
- Step#2 Hook the readers. We highly recommend to start intro with the addressing to the audience and congratulating them. Also, you can begin with a funny story or some interesting fact. Everybody will agree that when a person is interested in the first part, he/she will keep reading the text up to the end.
- Step#3 Submit the reason and the main problems of the research paper. The target audience should understand the main aim and reason why you have started this investigation. That will help them figure out the profit of your work for them.
- Step#4 Explain how your content can improve the knowledge of readers. As a rule, the audience wants to read something useful and important not to waste time in vain.
The introduction is the broad beginning of the paper that answers all the important questions to the reader. A short guide on how to write it properly:
- Start With Your Research Topic
Provide the main idea of your research paper and catch the attention of the reader. It is better, to begin with outlining your topic and a few sentences to announce the kind of questions you will be asking. The first few sentences should begin with defining the general aspects which you will then focus on in more closely, finally arriving at your research problem.
- Announce the Main Keywords
If you write your paper for publication you’ll be required to submit it with a list of main keywords that gives the reader the general understanding of what your research paper is about.
- Write the Rationale
The rationale is the most important part of your beginning. In this part, you should clearly convey the value of your work and define its contribution to the research field.
- Developing a Thesis Statement
A thesis statement is the final part of the introduction. This part concludes everything you’ve been writing before and summarizes all the ideas in a short logical saying.
A good thesis includes such points as:
- background of your topic
- precision and engagement
- the significance of the raised issue
- Finish with the Outline
When the whole introductory part is completed it is time to move on to the outline of the research paper’s structure. This is a short paragraph, which consists of all the subtopics you are going to discuss. Also, make sure if it reflects the topic and the general idea of the paper.
Now you are armed with the essential knowledge that can help you write the best introduction to the qualitative paper. Be brave and try your skills and knowledge.